Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Black Bean Bugers

Who doesn't love a good burger?  It is filling and always hits the spot.
What's not to love?  That greasy, bloated feeling you can get with heavy grub.
 Butttt this burger is different.  It's vegetarian. Naturally. Plus, it  gives you that meaty bite I am  you're  looking for. Thus keeping you satisfied without feeling like you over did it.

This recipe is one I have been making for the past year.  I started out with a basic black bean burger recipe and I switch it up depending on what I have on hand.  This variation is my favorite yet.

Spinach Black Bean Burgers

1 Can of Black Beans
1 egg
1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 cup bell pepper
1/2 cup onion (optional)

1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1-2 cloves of garlic

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Rinse and drain black beans. In a large bowl, add black beans and mash 1/2 of the beans up with a fork while keeping the other 1/2 whole and intact.  Add in the egg and breadcrumbs.  Mix thoroughly.  Add in the garlic, spinach, and bell peppers.  With clean hands, scoop up the mixture and make patties of desired size. {I find that I usually get between 4-6 patties.  I recommend basing the size of your burgers off of the size of the bun you are serving them on} On a greased baking sheet, place the patties and bake for 10 minutes.  Take them out of the oven and flip them.  Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.  Serve on hamburger buns with a side salad or baked sweet potato fries. 

g






No comments:

Post a Comment