Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Maine Molasses Blueberry Cake!




I LOVE THIS CAKE!!


It is a very special recipe from Chris' (my boyfriend) family; it's his grandmother's recipe to be exact. The first time I had it was last summer when I was visiting with his family and I was instantly hooked. And when I found out it was a family recipe? I died.  There is something about recipes passed down from generation to generation that is so sweet and comforting to me.  When I made this cake a few days ago I was instantly brought back to all the good times I have had visiting his family last summer.  I know people say baking is a stress reliever or they bake when they're homesick and it's no wonder why.  Food has such a strong tie to memories and places.  It made me happy to make this cake as a tribute to the good times I had visiting and getting to know Chris' family. And then to be able to share that with my family?  Well, that was the icing on the cake.









{//     Not that this cake has icing!!! (see corny joke below)  //}

This cake is perfect because it can be eaten at anytime. What constitutes as a cake that can be eaten whenever, you ask?  No frosting.  No frosting on cake= free pass! Kiddinggg but behind every joke is a little bit of truth, right?




What is so great about this cake?  Well missy or mister.. it has a pronounced gingerbread flavor with sweet blueberries that keep it light and summery. And that's all you need to know.  It is simple and delicious. It is made in a 9 x 13 pan so invite some friends over for coffee and share the love.  {truthfully I can imagine this cake eaten in a variety of scenarios but that is my #1 all time, hands down favorite suggestion and way to dream up serving... Coffee +Friends}

Little squares of love in my mouth

Chris said he could tell I liked it a lot because I kept going back for little slivers at a time.  Oops.  It's true.. I'm a picker.  Especially if I think its really really goood.


Lastly, I'm not going to type out this recipe because I have a picture of the original recipe Chris' mom uses from a community cookbook that Chris' grandmother submitted this recipe to.  I love how worn it is and I think you guys will appreciate this more than me typing it out.


Nom nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment