Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Road trip Eats

Sorry for the leave of absence! I was finishing up classes, moving out of my apartment, moving my boyfriend out of his apartment, and now we are at his parent's house for a couple of days before embarking on our road trip to Texas!

Yup. Classes are done and life must go on so the bf and I are going to live in Texas by mi familia, ya'll.

Maine has been so wonderful to live in these past two years and  I would be remiss if I didn't highlight it's beauty and charm.

















Anyways, when you go on a road trip it can be hard to eat healthy and cheap.  For our trip I decided to semi plan ahead and make us some trail mix for the ride.  I was thinking ahead and picturing how I would be so happy we had food when we hit those spots of no man's land aka no sign of life.











Tropical Trail Mix

  • Pistachios
  • Almonds
  • Cashews
  • Dried Pineapple
  • Dried Mango
Additional add ins I would have added if I remembered: dried {unsweetened} coconut, gogi berries, and maybe some white chocolate chips [if I wasn't concerned about them melting in the car]

Enjoy! Next time I post I may will be in Texas.  

Yee-haw. 




No comments:

Post a Comment