Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My favorite go-to sandwich

It's back to school time and you know what that means.. time to get back into packing a lunch! In honor of the start of the school year I thought I'd share my favorite sandwich.  I have been making it on and off for the past year.  It's been quite some time since I have made it, but all this week this is what I have been bringing to work.





As I mentioned in my English Muffin throw down post, I am not a fan of mass produced bread anymore.  I prefer to buy bread from a local bakery or attempt to make my own (it's a work in progress but I'm motivated to nail it!)  In the pictures above  I am using a whole wheat kaiser roll and a "rustic roll" {that really is the name on the package ha}.  Also pictured: Sharp cheddar cheese, tzatziki sauce, and a medley of spinach, arugula, and fresh herbs (think parsley and cilantro) that I bought from my supermarket already pre-washed in a container to make things super duper quick.








I'm not  going to type this out in recipe format because it's very straightforward.
Grab a roll  and cut in half.  Spread  tzatziki sauce on one side {as much as your little heart desires}. On the other side top with cheddar cheese.  Finish with some greens and that's it!





** I find if you use nice bread, the sauce doesn't get soggy and it holds up nicely if you aren't eating it until  a few hours later.


Bagging it up for worky work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment